Jan 13, 2012

XL Models



"Most runway models meet the Body Mass Index physical criteria for Anorexia" 
Plus Model Magazine

No real news, but the editorial by Plus Model Magazine still makes me worry. Not only runway models become thinner and thinner, even plus size models have to shed some kilos. Around ten years ago these models were size 12 to 18, whereas today they start at size 6 in most agencies. I am a size 6 myself, like most of my girlfriends and I would not consider any of us anywhere near plus size! Very alarming. Unfortunately it is not only the models who set this standards, just look at stars like Angelina Jolie and Victoria Beckham. I love VB, mind you, but she gives young girls the impression that we all have to be a size 0 which - let's face it - is not realistic for the majority of women. 


The model of Plus Model Magazine's editorial, Katya Zharkova is a size 16 and happy with her body. In my opinion, this is the most important message: be happy with your body, may it be a size 0 or a size 16...

No comments:

Post a Comment